Monday, July 20, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen... The Doormat.

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. Mostly because I'm an egocentric idiot who thinks you might care.

I am The Doormat. I'm one of two posters who plan on using this blog to regularly post crazy stories from the **** *** *** ******, the hotel-motel currently serving as my summer job. So I suppose a bit of background information is in order.

I am NOT an idiot. I don't plan on working in hospitality as a career; I just took this as a summer job to work my way through school. Professional school. Code for: I'm smarter than your ass, so stop acting like you are so much richer, more educated, and generally all around better than me, you cheap fucking bastard staying at a hotel and complaining about the $80 weekday rate. Please.

Generally I love my job. I get paid to knit and to endure the hilarity and excitement of being in this industry every day, and in this economy (whether you want to pretend that it's not in the shitter or not, I don't care, it's hard to get a job when all you have is two years of post-grad and a college degree) I'm glad. I'm not scrubbing up shit/blood/semen stains from a crime scene, I'm not plunging a toilet, I'm not extricating dead animals from underneath houses for a living. So don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining; I'm sharing. It's therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment